Dear Awesome Reader,
Last weekend me and my friend Emily made cupcakes and we decided to share the recipe! It’s super easy and the cakes are delicious! Let’s get started!
Self-Raising Flour (120g / 4oz)
Caster Sugar (120g / 4oz)
Margarine (120g / 4oz)
Vanilla Extract (1 tsp)
A large mixing bowl
A bowl to weigh the ingredients in
A small bowl to crack the eggs in
A mixing spoon
A tea spoon
Cupcake baking tray
*Before beginning, make sure to wash your hand thoroughly!*
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
2. Measure out 120g/4oz of caster sugar and then put it into the large mixing bowl.
3. Weigh out 120g/4oz of self-raising flour and then sift it into the large mixing bowl.
4. Weigh out 120g/4oz of softened margarine.
5. Crack two eggs into the smaller bowl and then add them to the mixture.
6. Your mixture should look something like this:
7. Mix all the ingredients together until it’s a creamy consistency.
8. Add a teaspoon of the vanilla extract and mix again.
9. Place the cupcake cases onto the baking tray.
10. Pour equal amounts of the mixture into each of the cupcake cases.
11. Put the tray in the oven and bake until golden brown. It all will depend on which oven you have as to how long this process will take. A rough estimate would be 20-25 minutes.
*Just make sure you keep an eye on them and everything will be fine!*
12. The final step is to take out of the oven.
Delicious! If you would like to see an easy way to decorate them ready for Easter, then be sure to keep a look out for tomorrow’s post!
If you bake these cupcakes, feel free to send me a picture of how they turned out!