Dear Awesome Reader,
I’m going to share with you a super easy, quick recipe that will have your mouth watering! Seriously, this flapjack will only take you around an hour, including the time it takes to bake! You’ll be able to make around 24 normal sized flapjacks! Here’s what the finished result will look like!
Rolled oats (420g / 15oz)
Butter (350g / 12oz)
Soft light brown sugar (175g / 6oz)
Plain Flour (75g / 3oz)
Golden Syrup (2 generous tbsp)
Vanilla Extract (1 tbsp)
1.Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4
2. Place the butter, golden syrup, sugar and vanilla extract into the large saucepan
3. Gently heat the mixture and slowly stir, allowing it to melt into a smooth sauce
4. After it has melted, remove the mixture from the heat and leave to cool for a few minutes
5. Then, put the oats and flour into the saucepan and stir together
6. Once the oats are completely coated in the mixture, pour into a Swiss roll tin and spread evenly
7. Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes (make sure you don’t put the close to the top of the oven or they may burn)
8. Leave to cool, still in the tin, and then cut into squares
See how easy that was? And they honestly taste amazing! And extra step would be to melt chocolate and cover them in it! I really recommend trying this out and if you do, tweet me a picture as I’d love to see them!
Good luck and happy baking!